Game 3: St. Louis Rams 14, Kansas City Chiefs 10
Game 4: St. Louis Rams 24, Jacksonville Jaguars 17
(4-0 in preseason; first time since 1979..team made the Super Bowl that season)
The preseason certainly doesn't matter for anything meaningful--but I can bet that you wouldn't tell that to Sam Bradford, Steven Jackson, and the rest of the 2011 St. Louis Rams team--no way, not after this preseason.
Sure, maybe I am just a little too hyped up about this team--and trust me, that can happen a lot--but this team has the potential to be very dangerous, especially in the NFC West (which I believe will be a lot better than a lot think). Head coach Steve Spagnulo, first year offensive-coordinator Josh McDaniels, and last seasons offensive "Rookie of the Year" award winner Sam Bradford entering his second season--this is a very interesting-and good up-and-coming team with some nice story lines.
The offense could be really good and exciting--and that's in major part to Sammy B. After breaking rookie records last season held by Peyton Manning, it really makes you wonder what this kid could potentially do in his second season--and so on.
Pro-bowl running back Steven Jackson finally got some insurance for himself--as the Rams brought in the likes of Carnell "Cadillac" Williams (from Tampa Bay) and Jerious Norwood (from Atlanta) to fill in the back-up and third string running back slots. This trio is very dangerous and both of the backups are pace-changers from SJax. I'm very excited to see this trio work together with this offense.
The Rams finished 4-0 in the preseason; this was the first time since 1979--and in that season, the Rams went on to the Super Bowl. As I have said before, I'm not placing this team as world beaters, but they will be a respectable team that I believe will be in the playoffs. The Rams are on the rise; now it is time for these guys to make it happen--and after a very promising preseason, this team is generating a lot of hope once again back in St. Louis

No comments:
Post a Comment